Fabulous Freck hit five to go clear at top

By Andy Sykes

Premier Division leaders CMB made it six wins from six to start the season on Saturday, fittingly scoring six goals in the process with pictures from Freckleton v Charnock Richard Res by PAUL HUNT.

Carl Grimshaw scored twice, Danny Crook converted a penalty, and Oliver Turner, Christian McGrory and Hayden Taylor also got on the scoresheet in a 6-1 victory at Slyne with Hest, whose only goal came via William Sharkey.

Meanwhile, Fulwood Amateurs are now up into second, with a 3-0 win seeing them leapfrog opponents Thornton Cleveleys.

Joe Hooper opened the scoring on the hour mark, before Spencer Lucas and Will Simm made the points safe late on, with the latter netting from the penalty spot.

Fulwood Amateurs also moved above Milnthorpe Corinthians (albeit having played a game more) after they played out a 1-1 draw at Lostock St Gerards, with Craig Ronald’s late leveler earning a point after John-Jo Morris had opened the scoring for the hosts.

Elsewhere, Whitehaven rallied from a goal down to beat Coppull United 3-1, with Aidan Smith swiftly answering Joe Bowels’ 16th-minute opener.

Goals from Carl Denver and Ruben Butterworth would then complete the turnaround.

And it was a similar story at Poulton, who trailed to Tempest United eight minutes in after Tom Booth successfully slotted home from 12 yards, but would ultimately go on to record a 3-1 victory of their own.

Danny Morris was able to match Booth’s earlier efforts from the spot, with his penalty sandwiched by goals from Max Landless and Mitch Cheetham.

Cleator Moor Celtic were able to hold on for three points at Rossendale, having gone 2-0 up through Adam Smith and James Ball, despite Steven Howson pulling one back for the hosts with 10 minutes to play.

And in the final Premier Division game to be completed this weekend, last year’s champions Burscough Richmond beat Blackpool Wren Rovers 1-0, with Jordan Lorde getting the only goal of the game.

Eagley continue to fly high in Division One, now top of the league after an impressive 5-2 victory against previous leaders Askam United.

Finlay Stafford started and finished the scoring in the win, netting either side of goals from Luke Bradbury, Kieran Lomax and Lewis Nolan.

Askam United’s goals, meanwhile, came via Joe Tindall and Aiden Pearson.

Four teams now sit level on 15 points at the top of the division, after Lytham Town and Ulverston Rangers also recorded victories this weekend.

Goals from Lloyd Patton and Jamie Houghton saw second-placed Lytham Town beat Holker Old Boys Reserves 2-1, that despite Joe Bradbury halving the deficit with 15 to play.

And Ulverston Rangers are fourth after a 3-2 win against Haslingden St Marys, thanks in large part to a late brace from Sam Pinnegor, which included a 96th minute winner.

He was joined on the scoresheet by Scott McDonald, whilst Reece Barton and Lewis Hanley were the scorers for Haslingden St Mary’s.

And we continue the theme of late winners at Crooklands Casuals, who sealed a dramatic 4-3 win through Jake Marston’s stoppage-time strike.

Lee Irving, Tom Heywood and Morgan Trelore also netted for the hosts in a game where the lead changed hands on several occasions, before Marston landed the decisive blow in the 95th minute.

Croston Sports, who more than contributed to this epic, saw two of their goals scored by Dion Holden, and the other by Nick Buckley.

Jay Hayton also scored twice as Kendal County won 4-1 at Hesketh Bank, with Rob Wallace and Cameron Khan also on target in the win.
Liam Hayton got the hosts’ only goal of the game.

Goals from Jack Hamilton, Harris Bailey and Alex Howarth saw Chipping beat Millom 3-1, with the latter having pulled one back through Jamie Pattinson in the second-half.

And completing our look at Division One are Southport Hesketh and Carnforth Rangers, who played out a 1-1 draw after Tom Cunliffe’s early opener was cancelled out by Jordan Darby.

It was another super Saturday for Freckleton, who hit five without reply against Charnock Richard Reserves to solidify their place at the top of the Division Two table.

Callum Williams scored twice in the win, whilst Courtney Skerritt, Freddie Mason and Samson Ogundaisi were also on target.

Currently leading the chasing pack are Walney Island, after they picked up a 3-1 win against Astley and Buckshaw.

Hayden Skyme opened the scoring just three minutes in, before Zach Walker netted a brace. Kurt Robinson pulled one back for Astley and Buckshaw late on.

Dalton United are up to fourth after beating the side now directly above them in the table, Garstang Reserves, by five goals to two.

Robbie Sanderson led the way with a hat-trick, whilst Alex Bolland and Robbie McMurdo were also on target. Luke Williams and Tom Graham got the goals for Garstang Reserves.

Meanwhile, AFC Blackpool Reserves survived a significant scare this weekend, recovering from two down to win 3-2 at bottom side Galgate.

The hosts were 2-0 up inside half an hour through Liam Panter and a Chris Stripp penalty, before an own goal halved the deficit just before the break.

Then, after half-time, goals from Declan Bond and Finlay Topping completed the comeback for the away side.

Caton United also picked up a 3-2 victory this weekend, with goals from Jack Tipler, Kyle Davis and Simon Wearing helping to see off Euxton Villa Reserves.

Dominic Hoyle got the only goal of the game as Storeys beat Stoneclough 1-0.

And there was also a valuable 1-0 win for Hawcoat Park, with Matthew Pickering’s strike five minutes from time enough to secure a first win of the season.

Fulwood Amateurs Reserves remain top of the Division One Reserve table after producing a remarkable comeback to beat Lostock St Gerards Reserves 4-3.

Fulwood Amateurs Reserves found themselves 3-0 down after 32 minutes thanks to Damien Green’s opener and a Joe Glover double.

However, two from Cory Gill, along with one each from Hugo Strand and Josh Taylor, would turn an incredible game on its head.

Second-placed Coppull Reserves navigated a similar predicament on their way to a 3-2 to win against Rossendale Reserves, who lead 2-0 inside 15 minutes.

Jack Mounsey and Rico Gavan were the scorers responsible for that quickfire double, but would ultimately find themselves on losing side as a result of goals from Lee Richardson, Liam Hardman and Alessio Degrassi.

And though they weren’t quite able to rescue all three points, there was another commendable comeback from Eagley Reserves, from claimed a 2-2 draw at Blackpool Wren Rovers Reserves through late goals from Zak Karanga-Brown and Matthew Akilli.

The hosts were 2-0 up heading into the closing stages thanks to goals from Steve McEwan and Tommy Hanslip, but would have to settle for a point after conceding goals in the 87th and 89th minute respectively.

Elsewhere, Turton Reserves picked up three points on the road, beating Hurst Green Reserves 4-2 thanks to goals from Tyler McCarthy, Andrew Lane, Mohammed Arale and Cole Exley.

Fred Hardy and Joe Stead were the scorers for the hosts.

Poulton Reserves recovered from an early setback to beat CMB Reserves 2-1, with Lewis Middleton and Louis Shields completing the turnaround after Jax Hazeldine had opened the scoring just three minutes in.

And continuing the goal-laden theme of the division this weekend, there were nine shared between Tempest United Reserves and Thornton Cleveleys Reserves, with the former triumphing 6-3.

Finally, we move into Division Two Reserve, where Haslingden St Marys Reserves gained further ground on league leaders Freckleton Reserves after beating the table-toppers 4-2.

George Haworth got the ball rolling just two minutes in, with other goals coming via Jordan Henderson, Zack Simpson and an own goal.

Jack Williams and Guillermo Marchant were on the scoresheet for Freckleton Reserves, who had at one point clawed their way back to 2-2.

Hesketh Bank Reserves are now level at the top, after a 4-2 win of their own at Rossendale A.

David Yeates scored twice in the win, assisted by Lewis Brown and an own goal.

The hosts’ goals, meanwhile, came via Martin Tricket and Tejay Bacon.

And there was a final 4-2 win this weekend, with Chipping Reserves the victors on the road at Carnforth Rangers Reserves.

Henry Harrison opened the scoring for the visitors, before Oscar Middlesbrough went on to complete a hat-trick.

Sam Lancaster and Kieran Pearson were the scorers for Carnforth Rangers Reserves.

A brace from Tom Ladds set Milnthorpe Corinthians on their way to a 3-1 win at Croston Sports Reserves, with Harry Harper adding a third almost immediately after Ewan Cheetham had pulled one back.

And it was a 3-1 away win for Storeys too, who beat Lytham Town Reserves thanks a goal from Wayne Beswick and two from Kai Clarkson.

Finally, we finish off this edition of the round-up with a thrilling clash between Thornton Cleveleys A and Fulwood Amateurs A, who ultimately played out a 3-3 draw in which the latter fought from 2-0 and 3-2 down to earn a point, thanks to goals from Ryan Alker, Dylan Jackson-Cooney and Chris Pye.

Meanwhile, Kyle Housley hit a brace for Thornton Cleveleys A, with Dan Blackburn also getting on the scoresheet with the opening goal six minutes in.

Where next?

Stranded Doble buoyed by scintillating Seear Blackpool Wren Rovers took the honours in the Fylde coast derby – after manager Craig Doble picked the side 2,000 miles away!
Turton off and running in derby delight Turton picked up their first points of the season with a morale-boosting win over neighbours Tempest United.

West Lancashire Football League newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.